Last updated: January 6, 2015
MyAutoStore.com (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your personally identifiable information to create and maintain your account, which may include the following: Your name, home or work addresses, telephone number(s), email address, and if you make a purchase, your payment information (“Personal Information”).
- We also collect anonymous demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, or any preferences, interests, or favorites that you provide to us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our sites and the resources that you access.
- Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose Personal Information or sensitive Personal Information through MyAutoStore.com or our Facebook or Twitter accounts, this information may be viewed, collected, and used by others. Please review these third parties’ privacy notices for how they may collect and use your Personal Information. Note: MyAutoStore.com does not read any of your private online communications.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We also collect anonymous data from your hardware and/or software such as: Your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, referring Web site addresses, and the pages you visit within MyAutoStore.com.
Our site also uses “cookies” (small data files stored on your computer) and other tracking technologies to collect information about your visit to our site. The cookies and tracking technologies we use does capture your Personal Information. The information that is captured about your visit may be used in a variety of ways, such as to monitor and maintain information about your visits to our site, to help us identify and address problems, to improve our site, to analyze web traffic trends, and to help protect the security and integrity of our site. You may set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you receive cookies, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept cookies. If you do not accept cookies, you may still use our site, but your experience may be degraded.
We may also use other tracking technologies, such as web beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “pixel tags,” or “1-by-1gifs”) on our site. These may be used to measure the effectiveness of our communications and our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, and to assist us in resolving issues that may arise on our site.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “Do-Not-Track” or similar signals to the sites with which the user communicates. There currently is no industry standard for how websites should respond when they receive such a signal. MyAutoParts.com does not track its users over time and across third party websites. MyAutoParts.com does not respond to web browsers’ Do Not Track signals.
Some of the content, advertisements, and functionality on MyAutoParts.com may be provided by third parties, such as social media connectivity. These third parties may collect information about your use of MyAutoParts.com through cookies and web beacons, and this information may be collected over time and combined with information collected across different websites. These third parties will only collect your Personal Information if you provide it directly to them.
How your Personal Information is used
We may use the Personal Information collected to fulfill your requests and transactions, to perform statistical analysis to help make MyAutoStore.com more useful to visitors, and to provide you with better services. We may also use your Personal Information collected to send you communications about your transactions or information that we believe may be of interest to you.
MyAutoStore.com does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties. MyAutoStore.com may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except to provide these services to MyAutoStore.com, and we require them to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Disclosure of your information
We will share your Personal Information with other third parties only if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes.
- Obey an enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of MyAutoStore.com, our users, or the public.
We may disclose your Personal Information to our Parent company or to any of its or our subsidiaries or affiliates, some of whom are outside the United States.
We are concerned about the accuracy, currency, and completeness of the Personal Information we collect. If you wish to review, amend, correct, update, or delete your Personal Information that we have collected on our sites, or to opt out of receiving our marketing communications, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We use a variety of technologies and processes to protect your Personal Information collected on our sites, including physical, technological, and administrative security measures. Unfortunately, no technology can be completely secure, and you should remember that email is not a secure means of communication. We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to meet any legal requirements.
Third Party Websites
Some of our sites may contain links to external websites that we believe may be of interest to you. MyAutoStore.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or other content on these external websites.
MyAutoStore.com is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13.