The Importance of Sun Visors for Driving Safety and How to Save Money Buying Them Online
Sunrise and sunset. Two magical moments of the day in which the sun shows all its splendor. However, you may not find these moments so “magical” if you drive east or west.
No matter how much driving experience you have, dealing with direct sunlight in your field of vision is serious business. This is when a car sun visor is essential. And in case you don’t have one, the recommendation from our experts at My Auto Store is to get a car sun visor replacement as soon as possible.
As you might already suspect, this article will explore the importance of sun visors for driving safety and how to save money by buying them online.
What Is the Purpose of a Sun Visor?
The main purpose of sun visors is to help drivers avoid being blinded by direct sunlight in their eyes. To achieve this goal, the sun visors are placed inside the vehicle, right at the top of the windshield, with an adjustable hinged flap that allows them to remain discreetly retracted until they are needed.
Are Sun Visors Worth It?
Even though there is no law mandating the use of sun visors, it is the unanimous opinion of everyone at My Auto Store that having a car sun visor is definitely worth it. Think of it this way, for a few dollars, sun visors that can save you and your family from a terrible traffic accident. However, that is only one of the advantages of having a sun visor in your car.
- Improve driving safety. During long trips, it is inevitable that you will have to drive with the sun facing you at some point. Even during short trips, you may experience the annoying (and dangerous) experience of being blinded by sunlight at certain times of the day. Car sun visors are an irreplaceable accessory in such times of need when you need to keep your eyes on the road.
- Lower the temperature of your cockpit. The discomfort of entering the vehicle and getting burned while sitting and holding the steering wheel is hard to describe. This type of situation is common during the summer, and while a car sun visor can’t prevent you from getting burned, it can at least lower the interior temperature enough to make it a less unpleasant sensation.
- Protects the dashboard and seats. It is a well-known fact that the sun’s rays can cause damage to the interior of your car. Depending on the material of your dashboard and seats, they may fade, crack, or even peel as a result of the heat. This is why it is advisable to use a car sun visor, even if it is a used car sun visor, to protect your interior.
- Safeguard your electronics. Today’s cars come equipped with a wide range of electrical accessories. We are not only talking about car stereos, but also the center console touch screen, dashboard display, and more. These electronics are susceptible to damage during the extreme summer heat, a risk that increases even more in areas with high humidity. Moreover, if you are one of those people who often leave your phone in the car, it could also be affected by hours of heat. This is why a car sun visor is so important, as it can save you hundreds of dollars in repairs.
- Provide more convenience. Let’s not forget the basics. Car sun visors not only fulfill the important mission of blocking sunlight, but they are also a convenient accessory. They serve to store documents, place vanity mirrors, electronic devices, and yes, just like in the movies, some people even leave their keys there.
How to Save Money Buying Car Sun Visors Online
If you have reached this point, you are probably already convinced that you need a car sun visor. Regardless of whether your car doesn’t come equipped with a sun visor, or you need a car sun visor replacement, you should take a moment before searching eBay or Googling “car sun visor for sale”.
Certainly, buying a used sun visor online is cheaper than buying a new one. But there are other factors to consider:
- Keep an eye on shipping and handling. Not all online sellers offer shipping and handling as part of the price. Moreover, even fewer offer free shipping.
- Do not underestimate the seller’s reputation. While searching for used sun visors for sale does not require hours of research, we do recommend that you at least spend a few minutes checking the seller’s reputation. Car sun visors may not be an expensive item, but that doesn’t mean you should make it easy for unscrupulous sellers to rip you off.
- Don’t forget the warranty. Another aspect that is easy to overlook is the warranty. Prefer vendors that provide a good warranty. After all, sun visors are exposed to the sun, and they can crack, or their mechanism can be defective. Having a warranty gives you the peace of mind to replace the part if it is damaged.
- Prefer vendors with proven experience. In the auto parts world, experience is as important as reputation. Even if you have the year, manufacturer, model, and trim of your car on hand, an inexperienced seller can send you the wrong part. That’s why we suggest favoring companies or vendors with proven experience in the business.
My Auto Store Difference
With more than 100,000 used car parts in stock, and a state-of-the-art automotive disassembly plant in Camden, New Jersey, My Auto Store is the only auto recycler that can guarantee you the largest inventory of car sun visors in the East Coast. Moreover, our unbeatable 6-month warranty ensures you peace of mind when buying a car sun visor replacement.